Tag Archives: freedom

Queen’s Jubilee costs

[ 25/May/22 a Post claiming celebrations for QEII were going to cost 38,000 per family.] It’s 38 Pounds – not 38,000. A meal each. [followed by 26 May] Michael WebberNot a monarchist. I am a fan of individual responsibility, but … Continue reading

Posted in Politics | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Freedom and responsibility again

More on freedom and responsibility [ 7/May/22 Dirk posted a meme image of Obiwan Kenobi with the title “When your libertarian friend starts talking abouthow we need to take th epower of the State and use it for good” – … Continue reading

Posted in understanding | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Laws, understanding, choice

Laws of physics [ 25/Feb/22 Wojtek Karas quoted J. Warner Wallace:“Physical brain failure”the laws of physics;mental conditions are subject tothe laws of logic. Those who are the ones whothink there are mental conditionsPure physical, represent oneLogically contradictoryPoint of view. To … Continue reading

Posted in understanding | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

Disobey

Disobey [ 14/January/22 Dirk reposted and Introduction to liberty post – Disobey – They don’t want to know what you think because they strictly choose what you need to think.Don’t ask permission from anyone who doesn’t want to give it … Continue reading

Posted in understanding | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Response to Daniel S and others on Freedom and Choice

Daniel Posted – On the nature of choice, creativity, karma, and dharma Have you looked at https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/how-a-flawed-experiment-proved-that-free-will-doesnt-exist/ [ 12/January/22 Daniel Responded – Yes, I appreciate the work Alfred Mele did on this topic.] For me, it is critical to understand … Continue reading

Posted in Philosophy, understanding | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Free Enterprise

If the entire planet were to switch to the equivalent of a free enterprise for everyone, how long would it be before everyone feels the prosperity? [ 29/November/21 ] What do you define as “Free Enterprise”? If you mean a … Continue reading

Posted in economics, Our Future, Philosophy | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Daniel S – a problem well-stated.

Daniel’s Facebook post about A Problem Well-Stated Centre for Humane Technology – 36 – A Problem Well-Stated Is Half-Solved You tube version [ 29/September/21 ] I like that way of presenting the necessity of freedom having responsibility, by presenting the … Continue reading

Posted in Our Future, understanding | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

George Monibot and conspiracy theories

George Monibot- Its shocking to see so many left wingers lured to the far right by conspiracy theories. [ 23/September/21 Debs’ facebook post about George’s Guardian article] George got that one just about perfect. One of the things for me … Continue reading

Posted in Our Future, Philosophy, understanding | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

When dealing with pandemics, should we value liberty more than human life? What do you think?

When dealing with pandemics, should we value liberty more than human life? What do you think? [ 30/August/21 ] The instant that anyone puts liberty ahead of life, they have already destroyed liberty; because liberty requires life; thus life necessarily … Continue reading

Posted in Nature, Philosophy, understanding | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Free thinker?

[ 10/August/21 – Walter Askes …”About 75 % of my unconscious thought structures were formed by ( external) indoctrination; the remaining 25 % I have acquired through my critical thinking. Now I have the impression that I am almost 100% … Continue reading

Posted in Brain Science, Nature, Philosophy, understanding | Tagged , , | Leave a comment