Ok, let’s have fun with this! Deb was inspired by Mikey D’s post 50 Things About Me, and started her own list: 50 Things About Me inspired by Mike Dineen.
1. Do you like blue cheese? – Used to love it before I went vegan. Now I just enjoy the smell of others eating it.
2. Have you ever smoked a cigarette? Yes – but never got into the habit of doing so.
3. Do you own a gun? Yes – 6 of them.
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? – Don’t understand the question. Don’t drink anything with sugar and nothing with more than 0.5% alcohol.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No.
6. Do you like hot-dogs? Used to. Again – don’t eat them now as on a vegan diet.
7. Favourite Christmas Song? Snoopy’s Christmas.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Water or Vege juice (3 carrots, one apple, one beetroot).
9. Can you do push-ups? Only about 15 now, have gotten out of the habit. At 23 I once did 300.
10. What’s your favorite meal? Hard to pick. None of the RAVE vegan meals I now like are close to the degree of liking that I used to have for meat meals (like roast chicken and veges with gravy), and I no longer actually like the meals I used to love.
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring.
12. Favorite hobby? Golf (is that a hobby, a sport, an addiction, an affliction???).
13. Do you work with people who idolize you? I don’t encourage anyone to idolise anyone else. Accept everyone as they are, all different, all special. (Read this other way round first up – No. I don’t idolise anyone. I love and respect Ailsa.)
14. Name a trait that you hate about yourself? Not applicable – hate is too strong to apply to any part of me. Lots of habits that I have that are suboptimal, and most aren’t worth the time and effort to modify them, so I just accept them for what they are.
15. Middle name? Edward
16. Name 3 thoughts at this moment: The Korean ferry captain was incompetent. My keyboard is getting sticky and I need to clean it. My short term memory isn’t up to capturing thoughts as they flick through.
17. Name 3 things you bought yesterday: A new bike for Ailsa – a Giant Lust, a bottle of chain lube for our bikes. That was all I bought yesterday.
18. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink – water (over 95%), Phoenix organic fruit juices, Clausthaler low alcohol larger.
19. Current worry right now? Don’t do worry.
20. Current hate right now? Don’t do hate.
21. Favourite place to be? Home – 1 Maui Street Kaikoura – where I am right now.
22. How did you bring in New Years? Gave Ailsa a kiss and a cuddle.
23. Favourite place to go? Kaikoura Golf course.
24. What is your most recurring dream? Haven’t done recurring dreams for about 20 years.
25. Introvert or extrovert? Slightly on the introverted side of the spectrum.
26. What color shirt are you wearing? Light green.
27. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No – Egyptian cotton.
28. Can you whistle? Not well.
29. Favourite colour(s)? Hard call – spectrum – possible preference for the green-blue end.
30. Would you be a pirate? No. Committed to justice and cooperation.
31. What songs do you sing in the shower? Don’t sing in the shower.
32. Favorite girl’s name? Ailsa/Jewelia
33. Favorite boy’s name? William
34. Who is your loudest friend? Hard call – too many friends to pick one.
35. What’s in your pocket right now? Car keys and $1.50 in right hand pocket. A crystal that Laurie gave me in my left pocket.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Banksy in Exit through the Gift Shop – which I watched with Jewelia about 2 hours ago.
37. Bed sheets as a child? Mostly flannelette.
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Probably having my skull split open by a steel bucket carelessly thrown in my direction unbeknownst to me. Got a serious infection from it that nearly killed me. Was 12 years old at the time.
39. Do you love where you live? Yes!
40. How many TV’s are in your house? 3 – one in the lounge, and an old one in each of Will and Jewelia’s rooms.
41. What is your worst habit? Procrastination.
42. How many dogs do you have? 2
43. Does someone have a crush on you? Unsure – I am happily married so simply don’t go there.
44. Do you own slippers? Ugg boots.
45. What is your favourite book? The Selfish Gene, by Richard Dawkins.
46. What is your favorite candy? Don’t eat candy.
47. What is your favorite sports team? Hard call – don’t do much sports these days – probably the All Blacks.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Don’t plan on dying, and if I do wont be any concern of mine. Maybe “Shine on you crazy diamond” might be appropriate.
49. What were you doing at 12 AM last night? Just dropping off to sleep, in our bed, lying on my left side, going through my pre-sleep relaxation routine.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? My bladder is full!