I am way behind on my blog updates.
Saturday morning at 1:30am Jewelia woke us in tears, as her laptop had a broken screen. She had told me months ago of a problem in the power supply, but she found a work around. Then a couple of weeks ago we found that the external sound plug wasn’t working. We talked earlier last week about putting it in for a warranty claim, then on Thursday the thing started overheating badly, and she had to put it on a book, and unplug it periodically to keep it cool. Then at 1:30am it slipped off the book, and the screen cracked, and no longer works.
Yesterday my brother in law noted there was a damp patch on the floor in the office (under the kitchen). Last night, we put the dishwasher on, and it came up with an error code. We were both tired so we just switched the power off and went to bed. This morning I looked up the error code, and it meant the flood detector had activated.
Suddenly the wet patch in the office below made sense.
Much scrambling around, finding water connection, and turning it off. Pulled out the dishwasher, and sure enough, much evidence of water leakage out of site.
Anger at myself for allowing the installer to talk me into putting it in without a waterproof surround to direct water out into the kitchen floor in case of such a problem.
Then a short while ago, my laptop came up with a “blue screen of death” for the first time in its life.
Seems like this may have been an expensive weekend.
Fortunately Ailsa’s party went well, even if there was a plumbing failure at the venue that made clean-up difficult.
Lots of challenges – no chance for boredom 😉